1. Truth Chapel Christian Academy expects both parents to be practicing Christians. This is a Christian school, and parents must be tolerant to a Christian education and atmosphere. If only one parent is a Christian, the following is required:
A. The unsaved parent cannot be hostile to the gospel. God has created the child so that the parent is the primary influence in shaping his outlook and personality. This influence must be pro-Christian. If it is anti-Christian, most of the influence of the Christian school will be counteracted by the home and a partnership with the school cannot result.
B. The non-Christian parent must be in agreement with the enrollment of the child and must sign all necessary forms.
C. The family should attend church regularly.
D. Family Bible reading and prayer should be a part of the normal home routine.
E. The primary motive for enrollment must be for spiritual development in an academic setting.
2. The family will agree to work in a partnership relationship with the school and back the school fully in the training of the child.
3. Tuition payments will be made in accordance with the enrollment contract.
Requirements for Student:
1. The student must be able to do the required academic work.
2. All students in options A & B will receive Bible lessons based on the King James Bible.
3. The student's attitude and life-style must be compatible to the Truth Chapel Christian Academy student body. Behavior in the classroom must also line up with the Word of God.
4. Students who do not want to attend a Christian School should not be enrolled.
5. The student will agree to study and comply with all the policies of the student handbook of Truth Chapel Christian Academy.
6. Home computer and Internet necessary for option B, and highly recommended for A & C. Students enrolled in option A may need to complete lessons at home sometimes (snow days, make-up days, etc). All students and parents will be contacted online concerning upcoming events, assignments, behavior reports, and more via the Internet.
7. Tech Savviness for grades 3 rd grade – 12 th grade students including ability to navigate around a computer, take a screenshot, use Microsoft office products, scan and upload projects, print off worksheets or PDFs, basic typing skills, use of Skype, etc.
Technical Requirements for Option B Students
Highlighted = Required for all; Everything else = Required for those receiving teacher support
Headphones with microphone
Silverlight – allows remote access to computer
Graphic Tablet – optional
*Other software or programs may be required, depending on grade level and courses that the student will be taking. Also, these are just the technical requirements. There may be additional materials required for completing science projects, art projects, etc.